Presented by: Green Empowerment
7525 N Richmond Ave
IMBIBE. IGNITE. CONNECT.
Join Green Empowerment and other movers and shakers for a one-of-a-kind party-till-you drop benefit bringing together Portland’s business, civic, and non-profit leaders. Guests will not only raise funds for renewable energy and water projects in remote third world villages but sample food and cocktails from each country, and form connections with new cultures and friends.
5:30pm – 8:30pm: VIP COUNTRY AND COCKTAIL TOUR
Limited VIP tickets provide full access to everything Passport to Empowerment has to offer.
- Beginning at 5:30pm VIP guests will be greeted with specialty cocktails join one of five small touring cohorts, led by Green Empowerment staff.
- VIP guests will stamp their passports through a number of the five country-themed rooms and sample project-country inspired food and cocktails (Peru, Philipines, Nicaragua, Thailand/Burma, Kenya).
- In each room, VIP guests will and partake in an intimate discussion of Green Empowerment projects, while getting to know fellow group members.
- The five groups will culminate in the ballroom at 8pm where a live band including special musical guests will wrap up the VIP portion as we transition to the next phase: the Throwdown, open to a larger group of Portland’s emerging leaders.
- VIP tickets include admission to the Throwdown portion of the evening where they will party till they drop!
8:30pm – 2am: THROWDOWN
Your ticket to the Throwdown gives you full access to the festivities and self-guided tours through country-themed rooms starting at 8:30pm. Join us for a fun-filled night of dancing, live performances, drinks and good times:
- Live latin band, musical and dance performances
- Solar PV, ram pump, and wind power demos
- DJ, dancing, drinks, hookah lounge, scotch lounge
- Networking with renewable energy & development pro's
- Special guests, competitions, prizes
VIP ticket: $85 Throwdown ticket: $35
For more information:
Register for the event here:
Download the Flyer >
Presented by: Winter Sun Design and Edmonds Community College
Edmonds Community College campus
☼ Course covers:
Home energy use, systems, characteristics & conservation. Our solar resource, solar gain, site assessment & feasibility. The emphasis is on practical design issues including; system types, characteristics, sizing, heat storage, construction details, efficiencies, grid connection, costs & financial incentives. Green building materials and systems are discussed throughout.
Chris Herman, CPBD, owner of Winter Sun Design, (www.wintersundesign.com) established 1987 & Co-Founder of the Northwest Eco-Building Guild (www.ecobuilding.org) & the Solar Washington Association (www.solarwa.org).
For more information:
☼ Information: http://edcc.edu/schedule or call Chris @ 206-525-3969 after 2 PM
☼ Registration: Call 425-640-1243 or visit http://edcc.edu/artsnow
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
Presented by: Eastern Oregon Renewable Energies Association (EORenew)
Grant County Fairgrounds
John Day, OR
Yes, friends, we're going to have another SolWest Fair this summer. We've made the commitment to host the legendary self-reliance, sustainability, and renewable energy fair once again. If you've ever wanted to "do SolWest," this is your year. Save the date for July 26-28, and come to the Grant County Fairgrounds in John Day, Oregon, to help us celebrate 15 years of the most wonderful gathering in the Northwest!
- Keynote Speaker Paul Scheckel: "The Energy Revolution Starts with YOU!"
- SolWest Swapmeet
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Vendors
- Workshops, including pre-SolWest and Hands-on Workshops
- Food and Entertainment
- Children's Activities and Workshops
- Alternative Transportation
- EORenew Booth & Silent Auction
Friday 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
DAILY: Adults $5.00 Juniors $2.00 Family $10.00
3-day WEEKEND: Adults $10.00 Juniors $4.00 Family $20.00
EORenew members ($25 level and up), and volunteers get in free!
FREE FAIR ENTRY FRIDAY 5-7PM AND SUNDAY Noon-3:30PM!
Varies (see text above)
For more information:
Do you have a renewable energy event in the Northwest you would like us to post?
Send your information or press release to firstname.lastname@example.org